Despite battling the respiratory flu for the past week and a half, I have managed to complete the detail work of the bridle in the past couple of days. Though I will return and go over the darkest and lightest areas again just prior to completion of the drawing, for now I'll call this area of the rendering -- done.
Though its unusual for me to be working on two or three drawings at a time, that's exactly what I find myself doing at present. I'm feeling compelled to set this one aside for a time, and return to a larger equine piece that I began several months ago. A couple of submission deadlines are looming in the not-to-distant future, and the larger works are more suitable for these.