Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ann Arbor Women Artists (and a few good men) Summer 2009 Exhibit

The Riverside Gallery in Ypsilanti, Michigan is host to the Ann Arbor Women Artists' Summer 2009 Juried Exhibit through June 27th. Of the exhibit juror Beth J. Steinkellner said, "...Whether contrasting colors, light and dark, line and form, the result is a lively exhibition that draws viewers to smile, feel, remember, construct narratives, and ask questions". At the opening reception on June 13th the 1st Place award was given to Kristen Letts Kovak for "Butter and Margarine", Bill Knudstrup received 2nd Place for "Catching Air", and 3rd Place went to Joan Miller for "Hands over Time". Honorable Mentions were granted to Barbara Melnick Carson, Marie Glysson, Marilyn Marsh, Sandi Miller, Vickie Peterson-Michalak, and Marty Walker.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lynda, if this is a "lively exhibition that draws viewers to smile,. . . " then why aren't you smiling????? I thought you would be ecstatic that "Broken Bow" got into the show! Seriously, congrats on this exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .........And this one was the best of the three Dee took of me, so you can imagine how cranky I looked in the other two! I think the week I was having was catching up with me by this time (needed ZZZZZZZZs). Thanks Debbi. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your piece looks on the deep red walls. It's a nice pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm not mistaken, the gallery repainted the wall when they heard "Broken Bow" was coming in. (I'm sorry Debbi; I couldn't help it.) Seriously though, it does look like its colors were made for that wall, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, it was like pulling teeth to get Lynda to smile. I don't know why, cause she was laughing and having a grand time at the reception. This piece really stands out with the wall color.
    Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha; was I that bad? I DID have a great time at the reception........I only looked like this when the camera was turned on me!

    ReplyDelete